Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For my baby


I found this is for my baby. I know its so hard for him and even his Daddy sometimes. But I know how hard they try and even when I want to pull out my hair I have to remember that is just sees the world differently.

Can You Hear the World Through My Ears?

Can you hear the World thru my ears,
that hum that fills my head.
I think it would be amazing to you
how I ever go to bed.


The sounds at school, the bus, the hall,
they fill our everyday.
The thunder of children’s passing feet
can make my nerves go fray.


I try to work and learn like others,
and you can see my efforts, no doubt.
But even that “Good job, Cameron,”
if too loud, can make me totally freak out.


I want to forget the heater, the lights,
the bells, and the one chewing gum.
So sometimes when it’s all too much,
I begin to run, flap, and hum.


I know there are places that I need to go,
to gym, to music and to lunch.
But all of them can be overwhelming,
and make me
spaz a bunch.


I know I need your patience to learn,
grow, and overcome my fears.
I just hope and pray you can try to hear
the World thru my ears

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...