Monday, April 21, 2008

Never a dull moment...


Ok so I know that I have put posts up that don't really say anything about what is going on around here, so here it is.
As some of you know a few weeks ago my van (the green one) was viciously attacked by an IU employee. No just kidding, it was his truck that viciously attacked my van not him. I was parked just outside the HYPER (Wildermuth gym), I was working out because I am required to because of a personal fitness class. So this was my reward for a hard workout! I walked out and first I saw the cop car, and of course I think "Oh great they are towing my car!" because of course I don't have an IU permit, and I'm not sure if where I am parked requires one. So as I'm trying to think of a way to keep them from towing my car, I walk out the door, see the cop, a huge truck, and 2 older guys standing by my car. I look just past them and see glass shattered all over the ground, I look at my van and the rear window is gone! Oh my gosh!!!!!! I think I sucked in all the air for a 3 mile radius. The cop walked up to me and said you must be Mindy, we just called and left a message on your cell phone. AHHHHH! The night before we had just had the windshield replaced because it was leaking and now my rear window and whole door are gone and damaged. So after I regained the ability to breath and speak, one of the older gentlemen, named Fred, introduced himself walked up and gave me a hug and said how sorry they were. (He was from Risk Management for IU) and the other guy was just so stunned he didn't know what to say. Poor guy... apparently this was his first time driving this new truck, I guess it was brand new to IU and he was the first one to drive it at all, and he thought he had more room then he did when he was backing up. So Fred, kept saying don't worry, we're gonna get it fixed, by the way this is not safe to drive, so we are gonna have it towed to the body shop. I'll get you a rental, its all our fault. Yada yada.... I'm just in shock.... the police officer so nicely noticed that the plates were expired and told me that had I been in the car I would have gotten a ticket. Yea rah for me!!! But because is was being towed, I didn't need to worry about it, but I needed to get the plates renewed asap.


So I got a nifty 2008 Kia Sedona for 2 weeks to drive! But now we have our car back and its beautiful and clean, the body shop detailed it! I was so exicted, I had a clean car and I didn't have to do it, or beg Andy to. We drove it to see Joe and Mel that night because we were privileged enough to go house shopping with them. Needless to say they were a little surprised to see us driving in a new white van that was not ours. So we drove that all weekend while we looked at some fabulous houses. Including the one that they are now buying!
So here is the scoop on that weekend.... we drove down and took Dimon with us. Izzy and Xan stayed the weekend with Nana and Papa. No the house to the left is not the one they are buying. We just all were amazed at this place! This is the backyard! Basketball court, swimming pool, tennis court, jacuzzi, and just a pretty sitting garden! Wow!!!! This was towards the end of the shopping trip and we were just driving through this amazing neighborhood and found this place! I want it.... Here is another amazing house we had to take a picture of, though Mel will swear we were taking a picture of some scary guy in the yard!

We had fun, and yes Mel's allegation of me being in the car is true! I can't help it! I am not a car girl. And I only tormented Mel for a little bit, then she kicked me out at the addition where they found their house. However I don't have any pictures of this house for some odd reason.... I think I was just to happy to be out of the car to remember the camera. It was a fun weekend and I think Joe is never getting in front of my camera again. So after our great weekend in Louisville, we came home and started 'normal' life again.

One day when Nana was here she and Izzy made Blueberry Muffins and here is a picture of our little chef! Isn't she just to cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then a few days later was a chocolate contest in my Chocolate class. Yes I took a class on Chocolate, its called Chocolate Food of the Gods. It was fun! Yes I had to take it, it was a topics course and this is with a prof I really like, so I took this one as opposed to Underwater Basket weaving, or some other non-sense class. So I had dad make one of the Pollyanna cakes! For those of you who have never seen Pollyanna, look it up. Its a Disney classic, not hard to find! Sorry, there are a lot of people who have never heard of Pollyanna and it irritates me. I'm over it now..... anyway, Dad made this huge, huge cake with 3 different kinds of chocolate cakes and 4 icings all mixed. Three layers, each one was one cake mix by itself, with shaved chocolate on top. Here are some pics. (Thank you to Ryan for bringing to me in the morning and especially thank you to Daddy for cooking it!) I carried this thing from my car parked on Indiana in front of Quadoba to the Student Building, not a really far walk, but this thing had to weight like 20 pounds! I think everyone in Starbucks was glued to the window. But to make a long story short we won!!!! We won a T-shirt that says "You may stray but you will always return to your dark master the cocoa bean!" And much happiness was spread throughout the land as the chocolate cake was cut up and dispensed throughout the classroom. It was fun and very messy. I had to wash my shirt in the bathroom before class started because I was covered in chocolate. (And no I didn't eat a piece of cake, because it would have blown all my points out the window and destroyed any little bit of diet control I had!)

Um lets see what else has been going on.... Izzy loves to play baseball.... Xander has discovered that dirt is edible and fun to play in, and Dimon is having a grand time watching and learning bad things from his older siblings! Though nothing beats dancing to the Youtube.com videos. Yes the hole he is playing in is right next to the house, courtesy of Jack. Oh yeah.... Jack has started school, or Andy and I have started school, not sure which way it is... But we are working on walking without pulling and sitting right now. Fun stuff....
So that is what has been going on around here for the last few weeks. Love ya all!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...