Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Autism Awareness Month kicks off
TO LIGHT IT UP BLUEOn the night of April 1, prominent buildings across North America and the world including the Empire State Building in New York City and the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada will be lit up blue to raise awareness for autism and to commemorate World Autism Awareness Day on Friday, April 2.
And we’re aiming to light the world blue, too – city by city, town by town – by taking action to raise awareness about autism in our communities.
Other things you can do to Light It Up Blue
* Wear your Autism Speaks puzzle piece pin every day throughout the month of April, and tell people about autism if they ask about it.
* Change your Facebook profile picture to the Light It Up Blue logo and tag at least 10 of your friends.
* Post on your blog about how you are “lighting it up blue” to raise autism awareness.
* Add the Light It Up Blue logo to your e-mail signature … and type your e-mails in blue!
* On April 2 wear blue clothing and ask your co-workers, schools and friends to wear blue too. Take pictures and add them to our Flickr gallery. * Bake puzzle piece shaped cookies and frost them with blue icing, then bring them to your school, work or place of worship to raise autism awareness.
And of course the reason I post these things.......